Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary
Reliable Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary can be difficult to find! When your loved one can no longer get around, we can help!
With Retire-At-Home Calgary, you or your loved ones don’t have to miss out on any of the activities you adore. Our certified, trusted Caregivers will provide safe and comfortable Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary, as part of our ongoing service to our clients. That .
Our Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary helps with outings to and from the hospital, doctor’s office, or treatment centre, as well as services and support while there. In addition, we can take your loved one to their favourite events, social functions, religious services, and more. We will even help your loved one pack for visits and run errands on the way.
Senior’s Transportation in Calgary – Options and Related Costs:
There are some important things to consider when it comes to the cost of transportation, and proper vehicle insurance. With our Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary, Caregivers can accompany clients on outings and appointments in 3 ways:
1. Accompanying the client in a taxi or other third-party transportation company.
- When a caregiver accompanies a client in a taxi as part of our Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary, the client will pay the normal cost for the caregiver’s time.
- The client also pays for the cost of the taxi.
- If arranged in advance, the Retire-At-Home caregiver can pay for the taxi, and the cost can be added to the client’s regular invoice. There is no upcharge on the taxi cost from Retire-At-Home Calgary.
2. Driving the Client in the Caregiver’s Vehicle
- Though most of our caregivers have vehicles of their own, they may not possess the proper insurance to drive their client as a passenger.
- If a client would like to have have Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary with Retire-At-Home, one option is to have our Caregiver drive them to and from appointments in the Caregiver’s vehicle. Retire-At-Home Calgary will ensure the proper insurance is in place before booking the shift for an outing.
- When caregivers use their own vehicle to drive a client, the client will pay the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, as well as a modest per-kilometer charge to cover gas and wear-and-tear on the vehicle.
- Retire-At-Home Calgary has a special waiver form that must be signed in advance of taking this service.
3. Driving the Client in the Client’s Vehicle
- Many seniors own their own vehicle, but are no longer capable or willing to drive it themselves. If the client chooses to use Retire-At-Home for Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary, the caregiver can drive their vehicle for the outings and appointments.
- In situations like this, Retire-At-Home Calgary will request a copy of the client’s vehicle insurance, which will cover additional drivers.
- Retire-At-Home Calgary will obtain a copy of the caregiver’s valid drivers’ license.
- The client will pay the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, and there are no additional charges to the transportation.
- Retire-At-Home Calgary has a special waiver form that must be signed once in advance of taking this service.
We also provide extended travel escort and assistance as part of our Seniors’ Transportation in Calgary. We will help fly loved ones to visit family, attend important family events and social functions, or move out of the area. We can manage all of your travel arrangements, assist you through security, and provide companionship when traveling, to ensure that you arrive safely and easily at your destination.