There comes a time in all of our lives when we must say goodbye to a loved one. Ensure you are well supported through the process.
Sadly, we all must say goodbye to someone we love dearly. If someone you love is nearing the end of their life and chooses to have their Palliative Care take place in the comfort of their home, Retire-At-Home Calgary can help them spend their final moments in the presence of their family, friends, pets, and possessions.
Retire-At-Home Calgary is owned and operated by Registered Nurses, and as such, we are dedicated to maintaining your loved one’s dignity and privacy during such a difficult time. We not only help manage all the daily tasks, such as Personal Care, Meals, and Home Support, but our services also act as Respite Care to your family so you can maximize your quality time with your loved one. Instead of being a homemaker and caregiver during these final days, you can just spend time as their loved one.
Definition: What is Palliative Care?
Retire-At-Home Calgary’s Palliative Care or Hospice Care is the compassionate care of a client and family when a cure is no longer possible. It is provided to support those in the final phases of a terminal illness, so they can focus on comfort and quality of life rather than a cure.
Our experienced and professional nurses are trained to provide truly compassionate and holistic care that improves quality of life – physically, mentally and emotionally – during their final stages
Palliative Care or Hospice Care strives to help clients and families:
- Address physical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical issues, and their associated expectations, needs, hopes, and fears;
- Prepare for and manage self-determined life closure and the dying process;
- Cope with loss and grief during the illness and bereavement.
Palliative Care or Hospice Care aims to:
- Monitor and manage ongoing issues and concerns related to the client’s health and well-being;
- Provide preventative measures and continuity of care for complete comfort of the client;
- Promote opportunities for meaningful and valuable experiences, personal and spiritual growth, and self-actualization.
Palliative Care is recommended for any client living with a terminal illness, regardless of age, when they are prepared to accept the help.
Our Palliative Care and Hospice Care in Calgary
We understand that accepting Hospice care be an extremely challenging decision. Our Case Management and Palliative Care Team in Calgary are partnered with a palliative care outreach program, which includes experienced doctors and specialists. Our combined goal is to design, implement, and manage a care plan that is best suited to the needs and preferences of your loved one.
Our total care approach to hospice palliative care includes:
- Daily monitoring of the client’s health and revision of their care plan as needed;
- Assistance with pain management;
- Regular sponge bathing and personal care;
- Mouth care;
- Positioning and repositioning in bed to promote skin integrity;
- Monitoring of and assistance with dietary needs;
- Regular communication with palliative care doctors and other health professionals involved;
- Regular communication with family members;
- Assurance of the dignity, respect, and privacy of the client as per their direction and religious beliefs;
- Arrangements for Home Medical Equipment and Supplies;
- Assurance of consistency of care by filling in the gaps with public services.
Let our team of palliative care specialists manage the care of your loved one, day or night. With our support, you can spend much needed quality time with them and share your lifetime of memories one last time.