Cognitive Stimulation Program for your loved one!
High quality care has always been our top priority at Retire-At-Home. We are dedicated to addressing both the emotional and physical health of our clients through customized, cognitive care plans. That’s why we’ve partnered with Fit Minds®.
Our new, groundbreaking approach to brain fitness using cognitive stimulation therapy (CST) reduces the risk of cognitive impairments brought on by degenerative neurological diseases, such as Alzheimer’s. Studies have shown that regular use of CST leads to higher levels of mental activity, which slows the progression of such diseases.
What Is Fit Minds®?
- Fit Minds® is a customized CST program based on the science of neuroplasticity
- It is designed for individuals with degenerative neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Fit Minds® interactive brain exercise program challenges clients to build cognitive reserve and stretch their cognitive capacity.
- The program provides complex and unique challenges that build brain resilience through social settings.
- The CST program focuses on all five areas of cognition to help foster brain health overall.
- Fit Minds® promotes brain health in both healthy people and people with dementia.
Benefits To Our Clients
- All five areas of cognition are covered through various activities:
- Language and Music
- Visual/Spatial Orientation
- Critical Thinking
- Root causes of difficult behaviours caused by dementia are addressed.
- Cognitive ability and quality of life are improved with this non-pharmacological treatment.
- Sessions are delivered by certified caregivers – because human connections are key when it comes to brain health.
- Ongoing assessments to track progress and develop session plans are provided.
Fit Minds Programs
Interact® Individual Program – Person-Centered Care
The Interact® Individual program is a personalized CST program for those suffering with dementia.
The program’s goal is to slow the progression of the disease through human interaction, to allow the individuals to maintain their quality of life.
The sessions build on one another and include activities in five areas of cognition: Language and Music, Visual/Spatial Orientation, Memory, Critical Thinking and Computation. As the client’s interests and abilities change, the sessions can be customized to fit these changes.
Each session can be accessed through an online portal, printed off, and used by the client during their session. The program is lead by a certified Fit Minds® Cognitive Coach and is available in both English and French.
Stay Sharp™ Program – Keep Engaged Stay Sharp™
This social CST group program is designed for individuals in retirement communities, as well as active professionals. The group’s goal is to encourage cognitive resilience and better brain fitness for healthy seniors, while fostering an interactive environment.
The program includes:
- a new session plan and download activities every week (52 in the year);
- a brain health lifestyle® challenge every week to encourage the adoption of a brain health lifestyle;
- a kit (customized cards and tote bag); and
- ongoing access to training portal for an unlimited number of staff.
Delivered in a group setting, Stay Sharp™ builds community by encouraging human interaction. The program is currently available in English and French.
Interact® Group Program – Build Connections
The Interact® Group program is a CST program designed for professional caregivers working in assisted living and long term care homes.
The program includes:
- four new session plans and activity downloads per week (two of the session plans are aimed at mild to moderate cognitive impairments [Empowerment sessions] and the other two are aimed at moderate to severe cognitive impairments [Maintenance sessions]);
- a kit (customized cards, game boards and tote bag;
- ongoing access to training portal for unlimited number of staff.
The Interact Group program provides essential face time – a key element for reducing anxiety and depression.